Nunarait - Flowers - ᓄᓇᕋᐃᑦ

The summer begins to cool this month in Iqaluit as our days slowly get colder revealing the beauty of the land as winter approaches. This time of the year is spent on the land, or with friends/family – it is also a great time to go camping which a lot of people have been doing this summer. This year is a little different, since everyone is required to isolate many people will be staying here for the rest of the year. Most years people will leave on vacation during the summer, but I enjoy the summer here in different ways because its not as harsh as the winters. The land in the summer becomes full of life after the harsh snowy winter, it daunts me just thinking about how the snow always gets here sooner than we expect. There are years where we are getting snow in September, July, and June. Although it has been good weather for the most part this summer. I’m glad that I’m here to experience it again – growing up in Iqaluit my family would often travel during summer months. I have lived in Iqaluit since I was 2 years old, and my appreciation for the land is growing more as I get older. This month I plan on going berry picking when the berries are ripe, seal hunting, and possibly clam digging which I’m told it’s too soon to be picking just yet. Nunavut is a beautiful place that many people don't know much about, my goal is to show what it's like to live here from my point of view for those who may be wondering. On this blog I plan on sharing my experiences in the north, and to document the time here which I have never thought to do before. My name is Victoria, I am a fitness enthusiast, cook, loving dog-mom, and avid makeup user. These are my interests that will end up here some way or another, and I look forward to sharing it. 

FlowersArctic Cotton

 

Sincerely, Victoria

Check out this article on Herbs and Inuit:

 https://indiancountrytoday.com/ar

chive/qitsualik-of-herbs-and-inuit-AI6coaux8k6kXu2CoTJF0g

Comments

Popular Posts